A true summer treat, we grow three different varieties of nectarines. We begin harvest with the Honey Blaze, which we harvest mid July through August. Honeylicious is our mid season variety and we finish up the harvest with the Honey Royal from mid August through September.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF NECTARINE
• Reduces risk of cancer such as lung cancer
• Helps to prevent age-related macular degeneration
• Helps to maintain electrolyte balance in body
• Promotes normal functioning of cells and tissues
• Boosts immune system and digestive system
• Aids in protein synthesis and metabolic processes
Selection and Storage
Good quality fruits are firm to touch and free from bruises or disease damage. The ripe ones have a nice and fresh color varying for different cultivars. They should best be consumed as quickly as possible for it tends to perish under high temperatures. Unripe nectarine may be kept in a paper bag at room temperature to speed up the ripening process. For later usage, ripe and ready nectarines may be stored in a refrigerator for a few days and in cold storage for not more than two weeks.